[cisco-voip] increasing Maximum Serving Count TFTP service parameter

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Mar 29 17:02:52 EDT 2011

I'm trying to upgrade about 4000 7940s and this morning's first attempt didn't pan out so well.

After two resets, only 850 of them upgraded.

I am resetting all phones from the device defaults page. I don't have any other way to reset b/c device pools contain other phone models.

Any advantage to increasing the Maximum Serving Count TFTP service parameter? It's currently set to 1000, but it says I can increase this to 5000.

We have advanced server running on our dedicated TFTP server. Properties shows Pentium III 1266MHz with 2GB RAM.

thoughts?

This parameter specifies the maximum number of client requests to accept and to serve files at a time. Specify a low value if you are serving files over a low bandwidth connection. You can set it to a higher number if you are serving small files over a large bandwidth connection and when CPU resources are available, such as when no other services run on the TFTP server. Use the default value if the TFTP service is run along with other Cisco CallManager services on the same server. Use the following suggested values for a dedicated TFTP server: 1500 for a single-processor system and 3000 for a dual-processor system. If the dual-processor system is running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, the serving count can be up to 5000.
This is a required field.
Default: 200.
Minimum: 1.
Maximum: 5000.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)