[cisco-voip] CUPC/CUPS exchange integration

Hayden.Poh at datacraft.co.nz Hayden.Poh at datacraft.co.nz
Mon May 2 23:41:52 EDT 2011

Hi All

We are planning to integrate CUPS with CUPC and Exchange for a customer. In the Integration Guide for configuring CUPS 8.5 with exchange it mentions the following in the Prerequisite Configuration Tasks under Active Directory Compatibility Matrix

Note: User names configured in Active Directory must be identical to those names defined in Cisco Unified Communications Manager

For our customer the user names in Active Directory do not match the User ID in Call Manager. The reason being is we have set the User ID to be the extension number to make it easier for them to utilise extension mobility.

Has anyone come across this issue before where these 2 values do not match and had any issues with the integration? i.e. If the user is in a meeting/busy will this appear in CUPC?

Cheers

Hayden

http://www.datacraft-asia.com/disclaimer