[cisco-voip] lync moc desktop p2p & p2m video calls , conferencing

Matt Slaga (AM) matt.slaga at dimensiondata.com
Wed May 11 09:42:26 EDT 2011

On #3, yes, it will enable FEC for packet loss, however it also uses RTCP to determine bandwidth, jitter and delay to adjust audio and video as part of RT's adjustable codec.  FEC only kicks in though if there is high bandwidth and high loss though.  FEC takes two voice segments, say segment 1 and 2, and puts it into a single packet.  The next packet will include segments 2 and 3, next 3 and 4 and so on.  It ends up using more bandwidth overall which is why it is used for high bandwidth high loss situations.