[cisco-voip] Limiting outbound ISDN calls to a limited set of channels?

Peter Pauly ppauly at gmail.com
Tue May 17 07:53:36 EDT 2011

We have a new IVR type server from a vendor that both receives calls
from CallManager and makes calls on an ISDN trunk (internal, no
telco). Think of it as both an IVR and a dialer. For example:

Channels 1-6 - receive calls from CallManager
Channels 7-17 - Unused
Channels 18-23 send calls to CallManager

Our problem is CallManager is attempting to send calls to all 23
channels, when only 6 channels are really available to receive calls.
Can I limit calls that originate from CallManager to a subset of
channels while still having the other channels active to receive
calls?