[cisco-voip] Centralized CUCM with high latency remote sites

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:10:07 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Jobe Gates <jobe at gatesweb.net> wrote:
> We are looking at a CUCM redesign and all of our sites are international.
> Latency to some of them is in the 200+ms.  I'm trying to figure out what
> options I have for either regionalizing CUCM's or doing CME's and trying to
> see how to tie services back in.  We are using OCS currently and want to get
> Presence working.  I'm not sure what capability CME has to hook into a
> centralized Presence server.
>
> Anyone working in an environment like this I'm curious on your design.

Are you talking about just presence, or phone as well?  What we
discovered is that the TCP handshake is what killed our centralized
CUCM plan, and was resulting in the clipped initial conversations;
phone rings, you go off hook and give your greeting, like "Good
morning, XYZ company, how can I assist you" and what the caller heard
was "...Z company, how can I assist you?" due to the media path
between your phone and the gateway taking 700ms to get established.