[cisco-voip] Caller ID Data

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sun May 29 12:33:35 EDT 2011

Lisa,

This is definitely something that is controlled by the provider of the PRI.
I've worked with a few customers on this same problem. It's provider
dependent based on the switching equipment they use and the policies they
have in place.

The CUCM will definitely TRY to send out the correct Caller ID of the
calling party.

Some providers don't like the idea of you sending out a call with a Caller
ID you don't own. There is the potential for maliciously spoofing caller ID
if the provider allows you to send out anything, but manipulating caller ID
is a useful part of mobility and call forwarding.

I would say call Verizon and see what they can do to help you out here.

-Jason