[cisco-voip] CUPS 7.1(2) upgrade to 8.5(2)

Haas, Neal nhaas at co.fresno.ca.us
Tue May 31 12:02:35 EDT 2011

We did the upgrade like that, take some words of upgrade wisdom, and wait for 8.6. The 8.5 version is very broken. We have 1 pub and 4 subs, since the upgrade we have had every server fail - as in just stops for no reason! Cisco does not really know why, they believe it to be Raid drivers are not installed correctly for us.

A friend that runs another setup of the same size upgraded to 8.5, his servers are doing the same thing, and he terminates SIP trunks to the Call Manger he found out the hard way that this is broken in 8.5.

Go to 8.0 if you want to upgrade, stop there and wait for 8.6.

Neal