[cisco-voip] CUCM CFA to SIP Trunk Fails

Martin Weddle mweddle at cricketcommunications.com
Tue May 31 12:52:43 EDT 2011

Ryan,

SIP providers usually don't allow calls out from numbers not provisioned on the SIP Trunk, unlike traditional TDM. It's very likely the source phone number of the forwarded call is the ANI of the number originating the call, which is not provisioned on the SIP Trunk.

You can fix this by modifying your SIP Trunk configuration. Go to the trunk in question. In the 'Outbound Calls' section. Make sure the check box 'Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound' is checked. Change the 'Calling Party Selection' drop down from 'Originator' to 'First Redirect Number (external)'.

That will force the call to use the external number mask of the forwarded phone as the Calling Party. The external number mask, assuming you are using one, should be equal to a provisioned DID on the SIP Trunk.

That's how I fixed this issue when I ran into it.

Best of luck

Message: 6