[cisco-voip] Quick DMA question

Robert Singleton rsingleton at morsco.com
Tue Nov 1 15:30:58 EDT 2011

Hello!

Before I am really ready to use the Data Migration Assistant, I have
been checking out the process and I have a couple of questions I thought
I might post here before I open a TAC case. All are concerning the
Answer File Generator and most are really to ask whether I am generating
answers for the export process or the import process on the new units.

I am migrating from CCM 4.1(3)sr8 to 7.1(5). New system has new
hardware. I hope to configure the new system offline, test and operate
it in a segregated environment then switch to it at a future date.

1. Administrator Credentials, Security Password and Application User
Credentials: Are these used for access to the old system or setting the
usernames and passwords on the new system?

2. Certificate Information: I am not at all familiar with this. What is it?

3. SMTP Host: Is this configuring an SMTP username on my existing SMTP
server?

4. NIC Interface settings (all nodes): I presume these are indeed on the
new server. Is it safe to assume I can put new values here so that, at
some point, both old system and new system can exist on the same network
and phones can be instructed by their DHCP device which to register with?

Thanks!

Robert