[cisco-voip] Does anyone know how long it takes a phone that has been disconnected from CUCM to change from an unregistered status to an unknown status?

Nicholas Samios nsamios at staff.iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 11 07:54:26 EST 2011

I suspect there's a cron purge/cleanup job of the shared memory segments which results in unregistered phones moving to unknown status after X time or CCM process restart.
I see devices go unknown usually after ~48-72hrs which leads me to believe a cron running over the shared memory of CCM process.

Wes has a great write up (as always) on the difference between the two;
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/146615?do=post_view_threaded