[cisco-voip] Rewriting incomming CallerID

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:28:48 EST 2011

Hi List!
We're currently running a Call Manager 7.1.5.10000-12 with 9 locations.
Due to bandwith limitations and fitting contract with our telephone
carrier, we're routing all calls between our location over the POTS. So our
site codes are replaced with the actual phone number of the location upon
dialing with a Translation Pattern. Accordingly, all calls between our
locations are incomming with the full phone number.
Now, I would like to rewrite those incomming calls to have the
corresponding site code. The problem is, that we cannot do this on our
voice gateway (2811, MGCP) as it doesn't support enough rewrite rules for
incomming calls. Is there a possibility to rewrite incomming CallerIDs /
phonenumbers at the CUCM?
Right now, I have eight Translation Patterns like 8[1-6]X, which would need
six rule patterns on the gateway, or am I mistaken?

Any help would realy be appreciated.
Cheers

Philipp Bieber
--
It might be just possible, by lying very still in a cellar somewhere,
to get through a day without committing a crime. But only just. And,