[cisco-voip] Rewriting incomming CallerID

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Nov 18 12:44:35 EST 2011

CUCM 7.1.5 cannot take any action on a call based on the calling number so unless you are getting a different called number string for each site code then you are out of luck.

Starting in 8.0 we can route based on calling party number.  This means we can also translate based on calling party number.  You can find a good document describing how to use this feature to block calls at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18367.  The same process can be easily manipulated to modify the calling number rather than blocking the call.

Since you are MGCP you can't do anything at all in the gateway that I'm aware of.

-Ryan