[cisco-voip] different line appearance on mobility calls

Erich Novak Erich.Novak at nts.eu
Wed Nov 23 16:39:35 EST 2011

Hi Group,

I already got a TAC Case open for a long time on that issue and just wanted to know if someone experienced the same thing.

Customer has an extension mobility profile, ip communicator and a remote destination profile. All 3 share the same number. Customer wants to see when someone calls in from the mobile that call was done from the mobile phone and not from the deskphone.
I configured the line appearance of em and ipc the same, but on the remote destination profile i added " - mobile" to the display ID.

The issue we've got here is that this is not displayed for everyone, it works for some users, but doesnt for others. ( no issue with name too long, we changed it for testing to "EN - Mobile" didn't work either)

We did a lot of tracing and troubleshooting, but unfortunately it seems no one knows why it happens till now.

Callmanager versions affected pretty all versions since 8.0, right now we're on 8.6.2a and still got that issue.

Maybe someone has had a similar problem - maybe even a solution ?

thanks & Brgds
Erich