[cisco-voip] CAD update during UCCX 8.5 upgrade

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:06:52 EST 2011

Good morning!

Has anyone been successful getting auto-update to work on CAD clients
when upgrading from UCCX 7.0SR5 to 8.5?

Trying to find out if we will need to uninstall/reinstall each client
or if auto update will work for the version change. I'm not getting a
clear picture from the docs:

- UCCX upgrade guide for 8.5 only mentions running the CAD Client
UPdate tool after the upgrade is completed (pg 24)
- CAD Installation guide doesn't specifically say anything about
automated updates between major versions - it does mention that
over-the-top installs are supported though.

I tried installing CAD from my production 7.0 system on a PC, changing
the server IP's to point to my 8.5 test server using PostINstall.exe,
and then running them to see if it would update, but I had no luck
with that, error message saying the versions don't match. Not sure if
this is a valid test though so I'm curious if anyone has had success
with this.

TIA!

--
Ed Leatherman