[cisco-voip] External Caller ID from different DID blocks..

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:23:59 EDT 2011

Trying to decide how best to handle this situation, have a few ideas/options
but curious if anyone has come up with a "best practice" for this.

We have dn's in the 3XXXX range, DID's are 304293XXXX. Very straight
forward. We are going to be bringing in DID's now that are in the 581
exchange (so i'm thinking dn's in the 1XXXX range for them). I did not plan
for this when we set up this system years ago... colleges and departments
are using way more DID's than we ever thought.

Currently I have outbound caller ID setup on our PRI gateways using the
field on the gateway config page itself (MGCP gateways all), as 30429XXXXX.
with the new DID's, I don't believe this will work and will need to be
removed regardless.

My options seem to be:
A) Set the external calling party number mask on every single line

B) Modify the calling party number in the routelist/route group
configuration, and have route patterns and route lists for dn's in the 1XXXX
range that prepend 304 58, and likewise separate ones for the 3XXXX that
prepend 304 29. Different CSS for 1XXXX dns also.

C) Reconfigure all my gateways to H.323 and do some sort of manipulation
there.

Of these, B seems the best to me right now, and least ugly although it will
make the route pattern configurations messy. Any other options? I keep
feeling like I've missed something, and that it's less complicated than I'm
making it out to be.

--
Ed Leatherman