[cisco-voip] How to get a Phone's .cnf.xml file from CUCM

Bruno Takahashi brunots at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:29:44 EDT 2011

Hello all,

We ran into a problem where it seems the .cnf.xml file of the phones is
corrupted so the phone does not registers.
If you change any detail on the device configuration (i.e. add a "-" on
description) the phone registers back.
I assume it works because a new file is generated and the phone gets this
new, non-corrupted file from TFTP and is able to register.

What I wanted to do is to get the .cnf.xml file from a phone that is not
working, then "fix" it and get the new file again to compare and see if
something can be found to indicate why this happened.

Does anyone knows how can I get the .cnf file or knows any additional
details on this issue?

Thanks!

--
*Bruno*