[cisco-voip] How to get a Phone's .cnf.xml file from CUCM

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Oct 10 19:50:56 EDT 2011

Bruno,

The config files should be in the default directory of the TFTP server. However, I recall there was a configuration in v4 which controlled whether the config files were stored in memory or on disk. By default they were stored in memory so you would never see them on disk or have access to them. I checked v7 TFTP Service Parameters and there's no setting which I can tell which controls this. I'm not sure they build them to disk anymore.

You could probably setup a TFTP client (Klever/Pumpkin) and simply try to retrieve the file as if the phone would.

HTH

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)