[cisco-voip] CM Admin AXL - question about updatePhone/Lines

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:23:51 EDT 2011

Good morning,

I am working on a script to update line appearances on phones to
properly set the external phone number mask on each appearance on the
system where it is not currently set.

This is the first time i've worked with the AXL Admin interfaces, so
this is probably a very simple question.

I've noticed so far that when I send an update for a line appearance
on a phone that has multiple lines configured, it will properly update
the line i've specified but it will un-associate the other lines from
the phone. . for example
<updatePhone>
                                        <name>SEP88F0778994A1</name>
                                        <lines>
                                                <line>
                                                        <index>1</index>
                                                        <dirn>

<pattern>52003</pattern>

<routePartitionName>DP_WVU_Phones</routePartitionName>
                                                        </dirn>

<e164Mask>3042952003</e164Mask>
                                                </line>
                                        </lines>
</updatePhone>

This correctly sets e164 mask on the line appearance, but any other
appearances are removed from the phone. I suspect to make this work
correctly, I must also specify all the other line appearances, even if
i'm not going to make any changes to them, is this accurate? I will
try it this later today, would appreciate confirmation though. Any
options I can specify to avoid that?

I'm thinking this may be more simply done with a SQL query or two if
I'm going to have to explicitly list every line appearance.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman