[cisco-voip] CM Admin AXL - question about updatePhone/Lines

Wellnitz, Erick A. erick.wellnitz at kattenlaw.com
Tue Oct 11 12:05:32 EDT 2011

It's part of the devicenumplanmap table if you go the sql route.

On Oct 11, 2011, at 9:24 AM, "Ed Leatherman" <ealeatherman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately there is no way to update the "line appearance" settings
> from that element in AXL, at least that I can see. Items such as
> display name, external phone number mask, max calls/busy trigger, etc.
> look like they can only be altered as children of the <updatePhone>
> tag.
>
> I'm looking at just using SQL instead, just getting started digging up
> the data dictionary and figuring out the tables i'm interested in.
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>> Ed, I'm not versed with AXL admin at all, but looking at the API
>> documentation, there's an updateLine object as well. Have you tried that?
>>
>> ---
>> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
>> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
>> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
>>                               - LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)
>>

>> ________________________________

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Pursuant to Regulations Governing Practice Before the Internal Revenue
Service, any tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used
by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or
distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify
the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original
message without making any copies.