[cisco-voip] Route Group Distribution Algorithm and SIP

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Oct 19 10:26:42 EDT 2011

There are a few factors that affect hunting through route groups and route lists.  I believe the most prescient to your situation are:

* Advanced CM service parameters for "Clusterwide Parameters (Route Plan)".  These include:
** Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag
** Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag
** Stop Routing on User Busy Flag
** Stop Routing on Q.931 Disconnect Cause Code

These may allow or inhibit routing based on cause code.

The signaling to GSM gateway is not clear to me.  There is a limitation in CUCM that it will stop hunting once media is locked on an endpoint:
CSCsb22055    CCM should reroute to next route list member after media established

It is not possible to affect this behavior currently.  It is however possible to affect media lock to avoid this situation.  For example see:
CSCse70721    Need ability to delay media until alerting, progress, connect, or PI

There are also service parameters and gateway configuration options that affect when media cut through is attempted. See "Retain Media on Disconnect with PI for Active Call" and similar.

So, why does hunting stop in your scenario? If for cause codes use #1 above.  If for media, see #2 above.  If for some other reason then we will need some more information.

Regards,
Wes