[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.0.3.20000-2 - Network Failover DOWN!

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:43:08 EDT 2011

Whether it's possible or not, there's really no point.  CUCM servers should generally never be pushing a Gig port to capacity, so there's no benefit to forming a LACP link in terms of bandwidth.  The fail over mechanism it uses is to fail from one physical link to another in the same Layer 2 domain (same VLAN), where it will transport the MAC from one interface to another automatically, thereby causing little to no downtime in case of a physical link failure.

LACP would just add complications to both the link coming up and maintaining the system, and considering there is no real benefit in practice, it isn't worth the hassle.

Matthew Ballard

Network Manager

Otis College of Art and Design

mballard at otis.edu