[cisco-voip] Route Group Distribution Algorithm and SIP

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:47:02 EDT 2011

I tested CUCM 7.1 with two SIP trunks terminating on two separate CUBES.
RG with Hunt and then the two SIP trunks in there.

CUBEs had two interfaces, one towards CUCM and one towards ITSP.

If I did a shutdown on the interface towards ITSP and placed a call, I could
see the call coming in to the CUBE, the CUBE trying to send to ITSP but
failed, and sent a 503 service unavailable back to the Callmanager.
This triggers the CM to retry on the second SIP trunk to the second CUBE and
the call then worked.

I'm not 100% sure if I changed any service parameters in terms of routing,
but I dont think so.

Regards
Roger