[cisco-voip] Memory leak in setroubleshootd CUCM 8.6(2a)?

db7td at gmx.de db7td at gmx.de
Tue Oct 25 14:27:48 EDT 2011

There have been some personal mails asking for status, so here it is:

It looks like the upgrade script is setting an incorrect CTI logfolder path [bug 1]. In consequence, SELinux blocks write access to the CTIManager logfile. Because of that, setroubleshootd (part of SELinux) seems to leak memory [bug 2], which finally causes virtual memory exhaustion, kernel panic and a system reboot.

"file tail activelog syslog/messages" prints the denied write attempts. A workaround for us was disabling CTI traces (SDI and SDL).

TAC research is still ongoing. I will keep you posted.

Dietmar

-------- Original-Nachricht --------