[cisco-voip] 9971 echo on speakerphone

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Wed Oct 26 11:31:52 EDT 2011

We are having intermittent problems with echo on calls to 9971 phones on speaker.  I've been able to reproduce this, but not consistently and it seems to only occur on some calls, primarily internal though I suppose PSTN calls may be having the same problem but the gateway DSPs are suppressing it.  Basically when someone calls me on my 9971 and I take the call on speakerphone they hear their own voice echoing and background HVAC noise.  It seems like the built-in echo canceller is not working when this happens.  I've tried different phones in the same physical space with the problem occurring on some but not others so I don't think it's the room layout.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Eric

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged
subject matter. If this message has been received in error, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Like other forms of communication,
e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized
parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please
notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such
notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to
communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures
(such as encryption) unless specifically requested.