[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.6 installation problem on MCS 7825I5

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:06:38 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Ted Nugent <tednugent73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Had similar issues with that server... turned out whomever installed the RAM
> installed them in the wrong slots. I was able to reorder them and eventually
> it worked. I forget the exact details but I noticed that the correct RAM
> amount was not showing in the BIOS after getting the error which sent me to
> check the RAM order. Sorry I can't recall the exact order but if that's the
> issue you should be able to figure it out.

Do you remember if uEFI or IMM reports some problem with DIMM configuration ?

Becouse my memory amount shows correctly in uEFI (BIOS) and eg.
VMware. We tested this machine in VMware env. to exclude hardware
problem. And it works just fine.

I tried two DIMMs configurations:
- 1 x 4GB UDIMMs (total 4GB)
- 2 x 4GB UDIMMs (total 8GB)