[cisco-voip] CUPS Presence Viewer "Unavailable" Status

Matthew Berry matthew.berry at cdw.com
Thu Sep 1 16:32:31 EDT 2011

All -

I am experiencing some unexpected CUPS presence behavior.  Looking for some suggestions.

Scenario:
When a user's desk phone is IDLE (i.e. On-hook), presence status viewer within CUPS shows "unavailable."  However, when a user is on a call, it shows BUSY.

Is this the expected behavior within the presence viewer?  I would expect that an IDLE (on-hook) state would reflect an "available" presence state.

I am attaching a screenshot below.  It's using a 7911, but the same thing occurs on 7945/7965s.

Things I have done/checked:
- Device association
- Line association
- User association
- CUPS SIP trunk
- Rerouting CSS / Subscribe CSS

I also verified the same behavior in my private lab.  At this point, I'm thinking that it's either a configuration issue or the default functionality of the system.

Thanks!

Matthew Berry, CCIE #26721 (Voice)
CDW | Sr. Unified Communications Engineer
Single Number Reach: +1.763.592.5987
Email:  matthew.berry at cdw.com<mailto:matthew.berry at cdw.com>