[cisco-voip] TEHO Problem China

Maciej Karpinski maciej.karpinski at consign.se
Mon Sep 5 08:53:35 EDT 2011

Hi

I've encountered a problem with TEHO to Shanghai. There is no problem when
you try to call a landline but if you want to call a cellphone in Shanghai
or outside Shanghai.

Apparently cellphone calls work like this.
You can break the numbers  into three parts, 136-4020-6844. The 136 or
13x in general identifies the carrier (now 159 too). The 4020 identifies
where the phone number was created. The 6844 is the actual number assigned
to an individual. If you call cellular phone within the same zone there is
no need to dial any prefix. For example if you are in Shanghai and the
number 15921221234 was registered in Shanghai, just dial the number as is.
If the number was registered outside of your dialing zone, then just
prefix it with a 0. For example if you need to reach the above number
while you are in Shenzhen, just dial 015921221234.
If you fail to dial the 0 when it's necessary, you will hear the message
that you are trying to reach a number that's outside of the zone and will
be requested to put the 0 prefix.
So it seems as if you want to call a cellphone it depends of if it was
registered in Shanghai or not.

Our TEHO setup sends all calls that starts with +86 to the gateway in
Shanghai but we are not able to setup a rule to strip the +86 because
sometimes we will need an 0 in the beginning and other times we won.t.
Has anyone here been able to solve this?

Br.
Maciej