[cisco-voip] Query, how is dscp being set to ef on packets from AS5400

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Sep 7 15:49:49 EDT 2011

> AS5400 IOS does this automatically EF for voice and AF31 for Signaling.
> You can change the DSCP on the dial-peers

I'm fine with the value, but I was preparing to set up some qos stuff on the
AS5400 when I found this, so it makes me wonder how much is already
automatically assumed. Are voice packets already receiving queuing priority
on the AS5400's egress interface to our LAN then? Hopefully, yes, less work
for me. :-)