[cisco-voip] QoS for Avaya Phones

Adil Shaikh adil.shaikh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:22:03 EDT 2011

combine avaya doco with Cisco QoS SRND to find solution.
People at Avaya COE (centre of excuses) do not seems to help Avaya
integrator.

At least for Avaya phones, there has not been much changed in Cisco's QoS
since the release of QoS SRND in 2005.

You need to classify Signaling traffic to and from CLAN. You need to
classify to and fro RTP traffic to medpro. Trust or remark at the source.
You need to allocate bandwidth for each of them on all your device.

HTH
-adil

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM, John Huston <fentonguy2003 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> We are deploying Avaya VoIP phones at remote location using AT&T Opteman
> circuit.  At our main campus we will also have a new Avaya Aura system.  We
> have never worked with this equipment and are seeking knowledge on how to
> setup QoS at the remote site and also at our main campus.  We have looked at
> the links below and would appreciate if we could correspond directly with
> someone on here that has first hand knowledge.  What we are seeking more
> than anything is a sample config where you have used a Cisco 3750 E or X
> series switch combined with a Cisco 3945 routers using HSRP on both ends.
> Avaya is really no help to us in this situation.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>

> http://www.avaya.com/master-usa/en-us/resource/assets/applicationnotes/autoqos.pdf
> http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/003959018
>
> We also have the 245600_3_3.pdf document.

_7___|___|_|_|    adil.shaikh at gmail.com

        . .