[cisco-voip] Display CLID instead of CTI port number

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:56:26 EDT 2011

I have not heard that Cisco is resolving the issue.

I am running 8.5(1)SU1 and can confirm that the CTI Port number still shows
up when the phone rings, but then switches to the caller id once connected.

Again, the solution is to look in CAD for the calling number, or configure
IPPA to show enterprise data upon ringing, and show it their.  Which while
we're on the subject, I understand that this feature, of displaying
enterprise data upon ringing, has not left in UCCX 8x, and pressing the
CData softkey is the only option.

The key is, the CTI port performs a call consult transfer.  And just like a
phone to phone transfer, the party doing the transfer is what shows up on
the phone, until the transfer completes.

-Anthony