[cisco-voip] Phone display not "waking up" on inbound call

paul dial dialp at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 15 18:42:10 EDT 2011

We're running CM 7.1(5b)SU4 with 7945 and 7965 IP phones and recent
upgraded to SCCP45.9-2-1S.   We're starting to get reports that the
screen on the 7945 or 7965 is not waking up on inbound calls, though the
call can be answered normally and there are no issues with voice
quality.  I've confirmed that the "Display On When Incoming Call" is
enabled for phones that have reported the problem.  Its intermittent
(one or two phones a day) and after a reset the screen appears to work
correctly.   I've open  SR 619007633 but the current suggestion is to
factory reset the phone and see if it happens again, which so far, it
has repeated.   Just curious if  anyone else is seeing this?

Thanks,

paul