[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.5 Single Inbox and WebDAV

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Tue Sep 27 13:47:07 EDT 2011

A customer switched from Unity Unified Messaging (with Exchange 2003) to Unity Connection 8.5 Single Inbox earlier this year.

A recent bank PCI Compliance Audit (probabaly a security scan tool) flagged WebDAV on the Exchange 2003 Server.

Can I just use IIS Manager on the Exchange Server to limit WebDAV access? I'm not a WebDAV guru.  It's more of an Exchange issue as I see it.  There is not shortage of WebDAV security bulletins from Microsoft, I suspect the Exchange box may not be patched up to date.

Customer isn't ready yet to switch to 2K10/EWS.

Jason Aarons
Consultant
Dimension Data
904-338-3245 mobile