[cisco-voip] favour/confirmation of bug : CUE max ports & 4.1 to 7.1 route filters (Route Filter Workaround)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Sep 30 14:37:15 EDT 2011

Again, just to follow up and for the archives... Looks like I found a much better work around then deleting and recreating. I simply added another clause to the route filter and saving it seems to have done the trick. I've included the steps I'm using and distributing to our team.

The following steps are required in order to edit route filters after the
4.1 to 7.1 upgrade. After the upgrade, trying to edit a route filter would
present the user with a limited set of clause parameters rather than the
whole list with unused parameters populated with "NOT-SELECTED".

NOTE: It is important to follow these instructions exactly. Any deviation may
not fix things. E.G. I tried to view another clause at the wrong time and
it did not work. Modify the steps at your own risk - YMMV.

NOTE: Route filters have a maximum character value of 1024 characters. Be
careful adding a new clause which might exceed this value. You might have to
add a more simple clause. In v7.1(5b)SU3 you will see this error if you try
to add a clause which brings the total characters to greater than 1024: Access
to the requested resource has been denied. The attempted action was a violation
of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

NOTE: For Step (3), select a real filter since this will impact dialing immediately.

1) Select the route filter you want to edit.
2) Click the Add Clause button.
3) Select the appropriate clause information.
4) Click the Save button. -> this one is in the edit clause screen
5) Click the Save button. -> this one is in the route filter screen
6) Click the Go button to bring you back to the route filter list.
7) Click the Find button to refresh the search results.
8) Select the same route filter as in Step (1).
9) Click the Edit Clause button for one of the pre-existing clauses.
10) Confirm you see all parameters, unused ones populated with "NOT-SELECTED".
11) Click the Close button.
12) Scroll down to the clause you added in Steps (2) to (4).
13) Set all parameters for the to "NOT-SELECTED". (Do not click Edit Clause button)
14) Click the Save button. -> this one is in the route filter screen
15) Confirm the clause has been removed. If not, repeat Steps (12) thru (14).
16) You should now be able to modify any clause in this route filter.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)