[cisco-voip] Device Pack installation question

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:43:43 EDT 2011

Hello, hope everyone's Friday is going well.

I am looking at installing device pack 7.1.5.34066-3 on our cluster.

When I go through the CLI using the "Utils system upgrade initiate" command,
it finds the file as a valid upgrade, and after it downloads and validates
the file it displays this message:

A system reboot is required when the upgrade process completes or is
canceled.  This will ensure services affected by the upgrade process are
functioning properly.

This is the first time i've tried doing a CLI upgrade/install of anything -
I just discovered the option. Since I don't want to reboot at this point, I
do not start the installation. Now, if I do this operation via the Software
Upgrade on the OS Admin web page, it does not give me a message about
rebooting. So.. would I need to reboot if I add the device pack or not? I
thought it was more along the lines of a firmware package, but I don't find
any documentation about device packs when I look in the doc roadmap - I
freely admit I could be looking in the wrong places for it though.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman