[cisco-voip] Assistance with call routing question...

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed Apr 4 16:23:26 EDT 2012

hi all-

I should be able to do this myself, but I am experiencing a BSOB (Blue
screen of Brain) on this simple one-

I have a new PRI I want to test for echo and other issues-

For inbound calling, I already have a DID configured on the PRI and
built on a couple of phones-

I've set up a couple of route patterns for specific numbers, and those
calls do go out this PRI

For outbound calling, I'd like to simply set up a couple of phones in
such a way that the only outside gateway they have access to is this
PRI.

The gateway router is running this PRI in H.323 mode-

I think I need to configure a new CSS in such a way that the only PSTN
access for it would go through this one PRI?

but I'm stuck on that -

For just one number, I can make the system use that PRI by doing this-

dial-peer voice <myhomephone> pots

description Local call test on new PRI

destination-pattern 9<myhomephone>

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

fax rate disable

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits 7

If I expand that dial-peer out to wildcards, it's going to affect
everyone on the voice network, not just my test phones...

But I'm not certain how to set things up so that -all- calls to and from
a couple of test phones will always use that one H.323 PRI.

There's another PRI on that same gateway that's in production, so I
can't just switch the config on the entire gateway at large-

When I try building a route list, all I can do is select that router and
"all ports" - unlike MGCP, I don't have  the granular selection of just
ports belonging to one Serial interface...

Clues, anyone?