[cisco-voip] PRIs using MGCP

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:35:15 EDT 2012

Part of this depends on the provider.

I've tried this with both SIP (on the GW) and MGCP (in CUCM as Eric
mentioned) controlled gateways with mixed results.

When the provider honors the busy status of your channel via the in / out
of service message it works great.

ATT in Atlanta does not honor the busy status unless you order that
specific service from them. You can set all your channels to busy and
they'll still send calls in if the D channel is up and they haven't logged
calls on those channels. It was a HUGE pain because we were trying to use
the SIP busyout keepalive function, but wound up having to use a script to
just take down the whole D-channel instead for inbound call failover.

Verify with 'show isdn status' and 'show isdn service'. If your channels
are in the busy state but you're still getting inbound calls then check
with your provider.

-Jason