[cisco-voip] upgrade path question

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:07:34 EDT 2012

Okay,

I was under the impression that the following wasn't supported but a
Cisco partner put this in their upgrade plan for moving from 6.1.3 to
8.6(2a).

“Install an exact VM copy of the current Call Manager including the ES/SRs
on the new UCS Hardware.

Export a copy of the current Call Manager Publisher database and restore it
on the new VM. Change the

IP Address of the new virtualized Publisher to match the new IP scheme and
clean up any IP Addresses &

Service URLs that pointed towards the old environment. Proceed to upgrade
the Publisher to version

8.0(3) then to 8.6(2a).”

I've never seen this in any of the supported upgrade methods in any Cisco
document.  It would also seem you'd run into licensing issues.  I also
thought someone here wanted to do something similar and the finding was the
database would still be marked as unsuppoted.  Maybe I'm remembering
incorrectly.

Thanks!