[cisco-voip] Streaming multicast audio source to an IP phone

John Franklin john.franklin at voipintegration.com
Tue Apr 24 22:18:30 EDT 2012

Tim, we have implemented this very solution for a public utility which wanted to multicast the board meetings for employees. For the connectivity we used an E&M voice port in a router (no loop or ground start required for E&M) and connected this directly to the audio source from the room audio system. The router configuration was a PLAR configuration on the voice port and a dial-peer which set the destination to be a multicast address. Then there is no need for any 3rd party software or additional cost. Then with a simple one page IP Phone service the employees could listen via a the IP phone or with VLC on the PC.

Let me know if you want I could probably dig up the exact configuration we used on the router.

Regards,

John Franklin  | john.franklin at voipintegration.com
VoIP Integration | www.VoIPintegration.com<http://www.voipintegration.com/>
201K Sand Creek Road Brentwood, CA, USA. 94513