[cisco-voip] Contact Center report problem

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Aug 8 16:03:07 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> In our environment, many of our phones hunt and forward to our corporate
> contact center.  In addition, many of those some users’ voice mail boxes
> use this contact center as their revert DN (dial zero to reach a live
> body).  I believe this is causing some unintended abnormalities in the
> contact center reports.
>

> The situation works like this:  When a call enters the contact center and
> is answered by an agent, the call is considered “handled”.  The caller
> tells the agent they want to speak to Mr. X.  The agent calls Mr. X and his
> phone is forwarded back to the contact center where it re-enters the
> queue.  The agent, realizing that the call is returning to the queue
> cancels the transfer, thus causing the queue to report an abandoned call.
> This same scenario plays out with the revert DN from voice mail  over and
> over again all day long.

What about having the agent do a warm transfer, so that the agent hears the
voicemail greeting instead of the caller. The caller can then be asked if
he would like to leave voicemail for Mr, X. If they want to leave a
message, the agent can re-transfer them to Mr. X's voicemail.

Would mostly stop the endless loop scenario. Are any presence tools in
place so the agents know Mr. X's status before attempting transfer?