[cisco-voip] Contact Center report problem

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:19:15 EDT 2012

In our environment, many of our phones hunt and forward to our corporate
contact center.  In addition, many of those some users’ voice mail boxes
use this contact center as their revert DN (dial zero to reach a live
body).  I believe this is causing some unintended abnormalities in the
contact center reports.

The situation works like this:  When a call enters the contact center and
is answered by an agent, the call is considered “handled”.  The caller
tells the agent they want to speak to Mr. X.  The agent calls Mr. X and his
phone is forwarded back to the contact center where it re-enters the
queue.  The agent, realizing that the call is returning to the queue
cancels the transfer, thus causing the queue to report an abandoned call.
This same scenario plays out with the revert DN from voice mail  over and
over again all day long.

When the reports come out the next morning, I get a frantic call from the
supervisor about 10% of our calls being abandoned in a single day.   This
is considered obsessive for our inbound call volume, but which I believe is
being artificially inflated by the repeated transfer calls being returned
to the queue.

In a perfect world, no internal phone or voice mail box would send calls to
the contact center and this would not be an issue, or maybe people could
just answer their phones.  But in this world of doing more with less, it is
the way things are here.

So my question is:  How/What is the best way to address this so that we see
real numbers in the reports and not the inflated numbers we are seeing now?

Thanks

Scott