[cisco-voip] UCCE 7.5(2) to 8.5 upgrade

Candese Perez trigena at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:02:31 EDT 2012

Hello,
We are preparing for a UCCE Tech Refresh upgrade and wanted to verify the
effect of the EDMT migration process on the AW/HDS databases.
We would like to install the 8.5 server environment in parallel and have it
ready for a later cutover date, but after reading throught the
configuration guide, I am not sure if this is possible.

Upgrade ICM from 7.5(2) to 8.0 on a new server using EDMT (here is my real
question when EDMT is run what is the effect on the source database?)

Run the 8.5 upgrade on the 8.0 server.

I am sure I have oversimplified a few of these steps, so any advice
or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!