[cisco-voip] CUCM SIP Trunk and Call Hold (VZB, no audio)

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Aug 29 10:44:25 EDT 2012

Thanks, Jason. I also saw the following in the CUCM system guide. I think the customer will sanity check this first, but if it doesn't fix the issue then I'll have them explore the full duplex stream.

To prevent Cisco Unified Communications Manager from sending an INVITE a=inactive SDP message during call hold or media break during supplementary services, edit the appropriate SIP profile, and check the Send send-receive SDP in mid-call INVITE check box.

Note This check box applies only to early offer enabled SIP trunks and has no impact on SIP line calls.

When you enable Send send-receive SDP in mid-call INVITE for an early offer SIP trunk in tandem mode, Cisco Unified Communications Manager inserts MTP to provide sendrecv SDP when a SIP device sends offer SDP with a=inactive or sendonly or recvonly in audio media line. In tandem mode, Cisco Unified Communications Manager depends on the SIP devices to initiate reestablishment of media path by sending either a delayed offer INVITE or mid-call INVITE with send-recv SDP.

When you enable both Send send-receive SDP in mid-call INVITE and Require SDP Inactive Exchange for Mid-Call Media Change on the same SIP profile, the Send send-receive SDP in mid-call INVITE setting overrides the Require SDP Inactive Exchange for Mid-Call Media Change setting, soCisco Unified Communications Manager does not send an INVITE with a=inactive SDP in mid-call codec updates. For SIP line side calls, the Require SDP Inactive Exchange for Mid-Call Media Change check box applies when enabled.

Note To prevent the SDP mode from being set to inactive in a multiple-hold scenario, set the Duplex Streaming Enabled clusterwide service parameter (System > Service Parameters) to True.