[cisco-voip] MVA setup with H.323 loopback IP

Divin John (dijohn) dijohn at cisco.com
Fri Dec 21 05:35:06 EST 2012

Hi Peng,

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq06282

CSCsq06282 is not a bug. It's a request for enhancement.

Regards,

Divin

From: Peng WAN <peng.wan at cn.vuitton.com<mailto:peng.wan at cn.vuitton.com>>
Date: Friday, 21 December 2012 8:01 AM
To: "cisco-voip at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: [cisco-voip] MVA setup with H.323 loopback IP

Hi all

I`m trying to setting up the MVA on my call manager 8.6 with H.323 VG (15.1M4).

my H.323 VG has 2 interface running EIGRP with the switch it connected. while binding the loopback IP address as the H.323 gateway IP.
And there is firewall restriction that interface IP cannot communicate with CUCM, only loopback IP can.

When I`m trying to config the MVA
in Debug it shows

//-1//HIFS:/hifs_http_cb: hifs http callback: load of http://1
72.16.1.2:8080/ccmivr/pages/IVRMainpage.vxml failed. Status=httpc error -2=int
ernal client timeout error

Voice-GW-01#sh call application voice mva
Script Name : mva
Type : Service
State: Not Loaded
Life : Configured
Exec Instances: 0

And if I remove the firewall policy, the scripts can load successful and MVA works fine. So I`m thinking it is because the application load process is using the interface port IP instead of loopback port IP.

Question is: Is there a way to force the application load/running process using the loopback source IP instead of the real interface g 0/0 or g 0/1 ?

Wampus