[cisco-voip] FXS/DSP limits on 2800 (2811)

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:24:36 EST 2012

Hi,

I am looking at possibility of using some spare 2811's as voice
gateways to replace some aging 2600's and a vg224.

>From reading the compability pages of the modules, I was trying to
figure out if I could realistically run a 2811 with:

1x NM-HDA-4FXS w/ 2 EM-HDA-8FXS
4x VIC-4FXS/DID

Can this platform drive 36 FXS? If not how many can I realistically
do? Will it be capable of handling activity on all 36 simultaneously?
I do not plan to run any other features/services other than connecting
the analogue devices to SIP

Any thoughts/advice/recommendations would be appreciated. If you think
this is not realistic and have any suggestions that would be great. My
main attraction to this platform is that I have a few on hand, they
are fairly cheap secondhand and they can use some of the legacy vic
cards which are also available at pretty low cost.

Thanks
chris