[cisco-voip] IP phone DHCP question or two

Mike King me at mpking.com
Wed Feb 1 17:52:54 EST 2012

Standard DHCP server practice is to reduce your DHCP lease times down to 1
or 2 minutes, shut off the old server, and turn on the new server.

Downside is that you have to wait the minimum of half your DHCP lease (or
the entire DHCP lease if your paranoid) before you can make your change.

I imagine that would hold well here too.

Practice in old subnet first.

Mike