[cisco-voip] Upgrade from 8.5.1.13900-5 to 8.6.2.20000-2 failed...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:28:43 EST 2012

OK, found that too...

*Installation Instructions*

File Name: *ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop.sgn*

MD5 Sum: b295f4e56c9fb93856b71b05b7a65456

**** The patch installation should be done off hours during a maintenance
window because there is a slight risk that installation during normal
business hours could temporarily impact system performance.  The patch
installation should occur when there is no other CLI or GUI activity on the
system since the patch will terminate all CLI and GUI sessions and restart
the Tomcat service. ****

   1. Install this file on *all* nodes in the cluster from the
   "Install/Upgrade"      option under "Cisco Unified Communications Operating
   System      Administration."
   2. Once patch is successfully installed, allow the system      a few
   minutes for the Tomcat service to completely restart before proceeding
   with the Refresh Upgrade and for the CLI command “show version active”
   to      display the results correctly.

**** Some ES and SU versions have all the changes delivered by this patch.
If that’s the case, the patch install will fail with an indication that the
current version already contains the necessary changes to support a
successful Refresh Upgrade to 8.6(x). ****

**** No reboot, restart of the system or restart of any services is
required after the patch has been installed.  The GUI or CLI will indicate
that a system reboot is required.  For this patch file only, that message
can be disregarded. ****

**** If upgrading from a 6.1(4) or 6.1(5) or 7.1(3) version to an 8.6(x)
UNRESTRICTED version, only this patch is required.  It is NOT necessary to
also install the ciscocm.allow_upgrades_to_unrestricted.cop.sgn patch.****

**** Once this patch is installed, the email notification feature presented
on the GUI and CLI will only be fully functional if upgrading to 8.6(x)
release.  It will not be fully functional if installing another COP file or
upgrading (L2) to an 8.5(x) or earlier release.  ****

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Jonathan Charles <jonvoip at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, found it, do I need to install it on the Sub too...
>

> Jonathan
>

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Jonathan Charles <jonvoip at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Where is that?
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Dennis Heim <Dennis.Heim at cdw.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Did you install the refresh cop file?****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Dennis Heim
>>> Senior Engineer (Unified Communications)
>>> CDW  Advanced Technology Services
>>> 10610 9th Place
>>> Bellevue, WA 98004
>>>
>>> 425.310.5299 Single Number Reach (WA)****