[cisco-voip] Test TFNs From Any Country

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Tue Feb 7 18:16:54 EST 2012

Hi Tim,

One approach that has multiple additional benefits beyond a few remote test calls is using a software application to remotely control one or more IP Phones that reside in the remote site you are testing. So instead of creating extra route patterns to direct test calls out of a remote gateway, you can place the call from the exact same perspective of the remote user.

This is a bit like VNC (i.e. remote control of a PC), but for the phone, giving you the ability to see the screen of the remote phone, and press keys on the phone remotely.

There are a few applications available that can do remote phone control, however the most powerful product on the market is PhoneView from Unified FX<http://www.unifiedfx.com> (http://www.unifiedfx.com)

PhoneView is the ONLY application that can also get the Audio from the Remote Phone, so you get the full remote experience (Screen, Keys and Audio), I suggest you watch the demo video of the Remote Audio feature to give you a feel for what is possible.

Note: All other remote phone applications can only control one phone at a time, PhoneView can also control 1000's of phones at once, so the possibilities are limitless.

PhoneView Remote Audio Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL12RWFuNXM

Thanks

Stephen