[cisco-voip] background images limit

Chris Lee chris at variphy.com
Thu Feb 9 12:56:57 EST 2012

Robert,

I hate answering a question by asking a question...but what phone models
are you using?

I don't know what the limits are for all phone models but for like the
7945/65 models, the limit is 50 images.  See here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/7_0/english/administration/guide/7965cst.html#wp1088046

Basically, you're limited to 50 for the images you can list in your
LIST.XML file.

I found this website to be an excellent resource on phone background images
(sorry, but this is an oldie but goodie so it doesn't talk about the newest
phone models) -

http://atc.go0se.com/?p=330

Regards,

Chris

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Robert Singleton <rsingleton at morsco.com>wrote:

> Greetings, All!
>
> We have been putting a lot of test and production images on the system and
> the question came up, what is the limit to the number of images that can be
> up there. The people asking want it to be infinite so that every user can
> have their own favorite. I, of course, want to balance between giving them
> ample choices and maintaining a stupid number of images, but most
> importantly, I presume there is a limit to the number of thumbnails the
> user interface can display.
>
> Anybody know?
>
> Robert
>
> --
> ==
>
> Robert Singleton
> 817-259-0955 desk
> 817-538-2286 mobile

Regards,

Chris

Chris Lee
Variphy, Inc.
Austin, Texas  USA
+1-408-613-1057 (office)(US Central: GMT-6)