[cisco-voip] phones deleted during user garbage collection

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Thu Feb 9 14:23:32 EST 2012

We have Callmanager 8 configured for LDAP synchronization with AD.  When users are disabled in Active Directory, the nightly garbage collection is removing them from Callmanager as expected, but it sometimes is also deleting their phones.  Has anyone seen this? It happened a couple days ago and I was able to get the Callmanager logs and definitely see the devices being deleted at 3:15. This doesn't seem like correct behavior to me.

Thanks,
Eric

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged
subject matter. If this message has been received in error, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Like other forms of communication,
e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized
parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please
notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such
notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to
communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures
(such as encryption) unless specifically requested.