[cisco-voip] Cheap CME platform?

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:57:44 EST 2012

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a cheap platform for cme? I am new to cisco voice and
want to learn it. even if its starting out with cme 4.x or something old. i
have a 2620xm but i dont have enough flash or ram and it looks to be almost
$300 to upgrade it. also have a 1841 but it doesnt appear to be able to run
cme. Im hoping i can find something cheaper to run cme on. I also stumbled
across the fact that you can boot IOS via TFTP so I was thinking maybe I
could squeeze things into a smaller flash by putting some bits on TFTP.

Thanks for any advice you have
chris